Head Start Registration Information [START HERE]
Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2023/2024 school year. Please review the following information before filling out the online application below.
Enrollment is open to families who:
- Live in West Haven
- Have a child/children who will be three or four-years-old by January 1 of the coming year
- Must meet Federal Income Eligiblity Guidelines. Click here to find out if you meet the guidelines
- Children, ages 3-4, from West Haven families receiving public assistance, such as TANF, SNAP or SSI, are eligible regardless of income.
- Or have a child of the required age with special needs
Head Start Highlights:
- Free part-day program for 3-5 year olds, sliding scale fee for full day to eligible West Haven families who meet income guidelines
- Free family support services and activities
- Free health and developmental screenings
- Services provided to children with special needs
- Care 4 Kids Certificates accepted
- Professionally trained staff
Important Documents to Provide:
Upon completion of this online application, copies of the following documents are required to complete your enrollment. Please make sure your child’s name is on every document you submit.
- Your Child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s dental, physical examination and immunization records
- Current two proofs of West Haven residency (example): Utility bill, Mortgage or Rent Receipt
- Current proof of income (choose one): 2021 tax return or W2, or most recent paystubs (4 current paystubs if paid weekly or two paystubs if paid bi-weekly), Social Security benefit letter, TANF cash assistance benefit letter, SNAP Card or benefits letter or Unemployment benefit letter.
We look forward to our fall classes beginning on August 23rd.
Please know that we are strictly adhering to all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines