Head Start Registration Information [START HERE]
Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2023/2024 school year. Please review the following information before filling out the online application below.
Enrollment is open to families who:
- Live in West Haven
- Have a child/children who will be three or four-years-old by January 1 of the coming year
- Must meet Federal Income Eligiblity Guidelines. Click here to find out if you meet the guidelines
- Children, ages 3-4, from West Haven families receiving public assistance, such as TANF, SNAP or SSI, are eligible regardless of income.
- Or have a child of the required age with special needs
Head Start Highlights:
- Free part-day program for 3-5 year olds, sliding scale fee for full day to eligible West Haven families who meet income guidelines
- Free family support services and activities
- Free health and developmental screenings
- Services provided to children with special needs
- Care 4 Kids Certificates accepted
- Professionally trained staff
Important Documents to Provide:
Upon completion of this online application, copies of the following documents are required to complete your enrollment. Please make sure your child’s name is on every document you submit.
- Your Child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s dental, physical examination and immunization records
- Current two proofs of West Haven residency (example): Utility bill, Mortgage or Rent Receipt
- Current proof of income (choose one): 2021 tax return or W2, or most recent paystubs (4 current paystubs if paid weekly or two paystubs if paid bi-weekly), Social Security benefit letter, TANF cash assistance benefit letter, SNAP Card or benefits letter or Unemployment benefit letter.
- In-Person at our Intake Appointment
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: (203) 937-9052
We look forward to our fall classes beginning on August 23rd.
Please know that we are strictly adhering to all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines