The West Haven Community House – a private, 501(c)3 not for profit organization – exists to facilitate healthy, productive, independent and meaningful lives for children, adolescents and families, and individuals with disabilities.
For 80 years, the Community House has been the cornerstone social service agency of West Haven valued for providing professional services and programs that include:
Head Start: Comprehensive school readiness program for children of income eligible families.
Children & Youth Services: Before and after school program for school-aged children.
Community Connections: Residential and Day Service programs for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Services are offered at our 227 Elm Street headquarters, as well as numerous locations throughout West Haven, including: Community Connections at 622 Campbell Avenue, West Haven public schools, and several group homes and supported living apartments.
The Community House is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Thanks to the support of our sponsors and donors, we are able to continue to:
• Provide quality pre-school experiences that prepare children to be successful in school.
• Ensure that school-aged children have a safe place to be during before and after-school.
• Deliver individualized and enrichment opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities.
• Collaborate with city departments, local state agencies, universities and civic organizations to create a sustained vision to achieve positive outcomes in education and family stability.
• Secure adequate resources to meet the growing needs of the West Haven community and its residents who rely on our vital services.